Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum

          "Ohhhhh...welcome to the world of Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. Where nothing's ever what your mother said it that it would be. You may be confused but we're glad that you've come. Take it from Dee, and take it from Dum." Curtains close! Okay, so that is an excerpt from the musical Alice in Wonderland I was in in 5th grade. No, no major parts; I was a card and part of a crying trio, with a solo of "Wah, wah, wah, wahhhhhh". I was so proud!
          But this Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee don't wear propeller hats or overalls; Tweedle Dee is Homeslicer, and Tweedle Dum is me. 
          Today at lunch the lunch ladies were passing out free orange slices and everyone at our table took some; free food, why not?! Anyway, Homeslicer was trying to peel her orange when it rocketed behind her and landed on the floor. I then showed an act of hubris, something that we learned about in Social Studies.
hubris- (n.) excessive pride or self-confidence. I started laughing right in Homeslicer's face, saying, "How dumb are you?!" but she was laughing too so it was all good. Still, no more than two minutes later I was trying to peel my orange when it flew a yard behind me. This made us laugh even harder.
          It was like a few years ago when we went to the movies and got that value packs or whatever with the popcorn, candy and soda. Homeslicer put her tray on the chair, got up, and the popcorn flew everywhere. After laughing at her, I did the same thing no more than 5 minutes later. Oh blondes...

Yours,
Megan ;)

4 comments:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHA we're so dumb lol!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAHA but remember, I'm Dum, you're Dee!
    -Megan ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Megan! You might have brains but you are such a BLONDE!!!!
    -Julia-

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah everyone says the same thing about Miso and the other Ashley. What is it with the smart people being so common-sense dumb?!
    -Megan ;)

    ReplyDelete