Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mercury

         When I always thought of Mercury, I thought of the planet. You know, the one closest to the sun, never traveled to by human, and on the left of Venus. Today I learned that mercury also used to be the red liquid in a thermometer. Apparently Rachesta learned that today, too.
          Unfortunately, I wasn't there to experience this blonde moment, but I'll try my best to write down her telling of it:

          "So we were in science class, and Mr. E was like, 'Does anyone know what the red liquid in a thermometer is called?' I volunteered and was like, 'Isn't it called Mercury?' 'Very good.' So he keeps teaching and like five minutes later I raise my hand and ask, 'Wait. Does the mercury in a thermometer come from the planet Mercury?' And everyone started laughing at me! After chuckling a bit, Mr. E was like, 'I'm not sure. That's a reasonable observation.' "


Personally, I think that was a legitimate question! I would've asked it! Hey, blonde minds think alike!

Yours,
Megan ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment