Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Running on Your Toes

          Today our cross country meet wan cancelled...again. It was cancelled on a 72º, cloudy, humid day. In track and field we ran in cold, rainy, 40º weather no problem. What a wasted opportunity! Plus, this was of course the day my old teacher was going to come to the meet, making it the second meet she tried to come to that was cancelled. What a pain! 
          Instead, we did a mile trial and an 800m time trial. My mile was slower than it should've been, but I still got first out of everyone! My 800 (1/2 mile) made me realize that I am out of shape for track. I ran a 2:48, and those last 200m were brutal! My track coach was there sitting in on practice and he ran with me the last 200m and I was like, "Don't run with me! You're making it worse!" But of course he did and I was glad for it after. But boy did I forget how hard it is to run on the balls of your feet for 400m! My quads and calves were killing me! So now I'm tired, but it did remind me of track, which I miss a lottt.
          Speaking of track:

  RAGING BULLS ALL THE WAY!!! 

Yours,
Megan ;)
P.S. (Beware of the Blondes is updated.)
P.P.S. TOMORROW NIGHT, THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, IS THE LAST NIGHT FOR THE BLOG. FRIDAY WORKSHOP IS DUE FRIDAY.

1 comment:

  1. YAH RAGING BULLS!!! You guys have had more track meets cancelled than I think you have gone to!
    -Julia-

    ReplyDelete