Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Walking During Suicides is Suicidal

          Hey guys. Sorry I'm writing this so late. You would think that after having a half day I would've written this at, like, 2:00, but of course I found other things to push my blogging time to 9:30. So I am writing this blog with my eyes struggling to stay open with my dried up contacts, and to think I still have to shower; I'm going to make this quick (even though that intro wasn't very quick).
          When I got home from school I thought, "What would be good to blog about today?" Nothing really stood out in my mind, but when we were finishing up soccer practice in the dark, it came to me. NEVER WALK DURING SUICIDES.
          You see, at the end of practice my coaches had my whole soccer team line up along the goal line (or whatever you call it) for suicides. If you like suicides, please let me know, because honestly I can't think of anyone in their right minds who would actually enjoy them (not that I'm calling you crazy or anything if you do......well, technically I am). We had to sprint to the 6yd line and back, the 18yd line and back, to mid-field and back, and the the other 18yd line and back. By the end of the set of suicides, I was tired, but still felt strong...until a couple girls decided to walk the last few yards. I repeat: NEVER WALK DURING SUICIDES. YOUR COACH WILL MAKE YOU DO THEM AGAIN.      
          Gee, I wonder why I would know this? Because of experience. We had to do another whole set of suicides, and to pump the girls up so no one would walk, I hollered, "Let's go girls, we can do this! Almost done!" Call me nice or supportive or whatever you want, but really I was just saying it 'cause I didn't want to do another set. We didn't.

Yours,
Megan ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment