Monday, September 20, 2010

King of Greece

          It always seems no matter how much free time I have on my hands, I end up using all of it for homework. So far I have probably spent an hour on this blog, yet 25 minutes would've been more than sufficient. Oh well...I enjoy it.
          Anyway, today in Social Studies (which they changed from Humanities in 7th grade for some odd reason) we were learning about the different Greek governments. To do so, instead of just reading from a book, we used my old gym teacher's I-pod considering he has just about every song imaginable! Our teacher randomly chose a name out of a hat to be king, and another to be prince. I was chosen to be king, and someone else was chosen to be prince. Now, as king, I had to wear a crown, a robe, sit on a chair with my "son/prince" kneeling down in front of me and my peasants crowding around me. In addition, since this was a monarch government, I got to choose any song I wanted and no one could make a peep about it because their views didn't matter. Of course I chose "Mine" by Taylor Swift, to many groans from the boys in my class, but their opinions didn't matter; I was king after all. Now if I was in the midst of the crowd I would've been bobbing my head and singing along a little bit, but try doing that when you have 25 eyes locked on you...awkwardddddd. So we just sat there, me trying to sing under my breath a bit but mostly just sitting stiff, listening to the song for 30 seconds until I passed away and had to turn over my crown to my "son".

Yours,
Megan ;)

P.S. Jumpy sent me this today. It's a really cool video. Follow this link to get to it: http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/077/2/e/Animator_vs__Animation_by_alanbecker.swf

P.P.S. There are two new characters added to the "Cast of Characters": Blueberry and Jumpy. Also, there are new entries in both "Advice" and "Beware of the Blondes".

No comments:

Post a Comment