Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

          Let me just start by saying that Wacky Wednesday was one of the BEST days my school had. In 5th grade, we used to have half days every other Wednesday. On  the full day Wednesdays, in addition to the practice MCAS tests, we had a little bake sale during lunch and recess with TONS of "wacky" snacks: brownies of all kind, donuts, Rice Krispies, everything. On top of this, everything was cheap ($0.50) but you could only buy two items. Anyway, after 5th grade my school became really strict with the health code, so it was "bye bye" Wacky Wednesday.
          So this Wacky Wednesday is not one with brownies or cookies or cupcakes; rather, just with a wacky schedule...I know, boring. Today was just all over the place. First of all, I didn't finish my math test in time so I had to go in for lunch, which wouldn't have been too bad except to the fact that I had a meeting scheduled with the Executive Director along with a few other students during recess. Therefore, unless I wanted to starve myself so I ate my own flesh during Social Studies (which is totally something my Spanish teacher would say), I had to eat while taking a test. This was probably the worst day of all to have a taco salad, because I could clearly imagine myself spilling salsa on my test and having to start all over; trust me, I would do that. So I could only have my apple, my Oreos, and my juice box.
          Unfortunately, I didn't finish my test during lunch, but obviously I couldn't miss my meeting. So, I handed in my test only to receive it once again during Community Meeting. After my recess with the Executive Director, I bolted downstairs to the Auditorium in hopes of finishing my test during the five minutes everyone leisurely strolled in. To my delight, I finished just as the final student strolled through, but I had to wait 'til the break in Social Studies to eat my taco salad.

Yours,
Megan ;)

(Beware of the Blondes is updated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment