Monday, September 27, 2010

Underestimated

          So Owen had an amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing cross-country meet today! First of all is was rainy, so I personally had a BLAST running because it wasn't too hot, I was energized, and I just felt great. But back to Owen. So on Friday we were talking and he told me he wanted to run 1.6 miles in 17 minutes for the next meet. His previous best time had been 18:58. I told him not to set a too lofty goal because I'd rather him set a lower goal and exceed that versus setting to high of a goal and being disappointed. Anyway, the girls ran first today and I placed first! I love running first because then I can cheer on the boys with all my heart without worrying about my upcoming race. After the first loop he was at 9 minutes! I went crazyyyyyyyy!!! I was like, "Ohmigosh! Owen's going to beat his best time by minutes!" As soon as I spotted his blue jersey coming out of the woods towards the finish, I started going nuts. He finished in 13:56! He knocked four minutes off of his first time! And to think I his ability to do 17. Now he's enjoying gloating about how I underestimated him, but for once, I don't mind.

Yours,
Megan ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment