Usually I would sit here and try to come up with a catchy title, something I'm known for, but due to the fact I still have life 45 minutes of Social Studies homework ahead of me, I won't bother. Let's see...so today we had our first official cross country meet and I came in fourth out of 44 girls, and first out of the girls on our team. It was a 3K (1.9miles), and there was this killer hill that took up a good quarter or so of the course. We only walked the course up until the first quarter mile due to time, and go figure just around the bend was that hill. Thankfully the boys went first this time so they could warn us.
Something I've learned about myself is that when running, whether it be in track or cross country, I'm too passive. Whether it be not cutting the girl off in front of me sharply, or not pushing through the crowd, I end up losing position in the race. I finished at 13 min, 56 seconds (13:56), so 13.93 minutes. This means I was running about 7.55minute miles, or 7 minutes, 33 seconds (7:33). (Don't worry; I did that all out on a calculator.) Since there were more hills and the distance was longer, I PRed (PR=personal record), but I still wish I could've caught the girl to the end. I was the same distance behind three girls the whole time.
And now I'm off to finish my Greek Project Planner and still figure out exactly what I want to do (My friend Alejandro would go crazy now if he knew).
Yours,
Megan ;)
(Cast of Characters is updated.)
No comments:
Post a Comment