Okay, so technically I don't think I'm supposed to start this blog until Monday, but I'm just really excited and anxious so I figured I might as well start now! Hi, my name is Megan, and I'm an 8th grade student attending...I'm not gonna say. Anyway, ever since I saw the movie "Julie and Julia" (which was an "eh" movie; cute, but nothing special) I have been inspired to write a blog. For awhile I pondered the whole idea, wondering what in the world I would possibly write about that someone would actually be interested in reading. Anyway, with track, homework, friends, life in general, I just didn't have time to start a blog; I certainly didn't need one other thing added to my plate. But when Friday Workshop came along, I immediately thought, "Blog blog blog blog!!!" Now I get the opportunity to write a blog and get school credit for it! So awesome!
Hmmm...what do you write in a blog? My intention was for this to be kind of like an online diary, nothing too personal of course like who I'm crushing on (which really isn't anyone right now), but more just entries about typical happenings of a typical teenage girl. (My first idea for a name was, "Four Weeks Into the Life of a Typical Teenager", but I ended up changing the name 'cause I have no idea how long I'll be blogging!) I hope this blog will be like a middle school guide, advice on how to handle sticky situations, how to laugh at yourself, and just little pointers on how to get through the day. As you read my journal entries, you will definitely hear about many blonde moments, which my friend never fails to call me on! I'm thinking of making a tab on this blog just for blonde moments. This kid in my class already has a game show going on, and so far I'm beating my friend with more points (which I don't know if you would actually call winning 'cause I'm still not clear on if you want points or if you don't want them). As you'll notice, I will never use actual names for people in this blog; while the people are real, the names are fictional.
As a reader, I will need all the feedback you can offer. Shortly I will be posting pieces of my writing, so please give me your honest opinion, constructively, not cruelly please! :) Also, if you have any ideas for writing challenges or a prompt you want me to write about, please please please please tell me! Feel free to write in for advice, or just to say "hi". After all, I would LOVE it if I didn't have to write to a brick wall!
Well, I'm off to bed because I'm up with the sun tomorrow for a soccer game like 40 minutes away...yuck. Wish me luck!
Yours,
Megan ;)
Okay, so I'm not so desperate for viewers that I'm writing on my own wall right now. Well, technically I AM writing on my own blog right now, but it's for test purposes, I swear. Just checking to see if you need a Blogger account or something to post comments 'cause if so that would realllyyy stink 'cause I highly doubt many people would make an account JUST to post comments on my blog. Crossing my fingers! (which apparently I do wrong).
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I just tried it and make sure you select a profile for yourself. Second time's the charm???
Okay, so it looks like all you have to do is once you select a profile log into your e-mail account or AIM account or whatever, and you're all set to go!
ReplyDeleteheeeeeeeeeey megan!!! it's the homeslicer!!! i love ur blog!!! i'm ur first follower!!! yay!!!
ReplyDeleteoh i hope we can use txt language lol.;)
ReplyDeleteHeyyyy Homeslicer!!! Lol of course you can use text language! I just don't know if I personally can 'cause it's for Friday Workshop. Sometimes I try to write in incomplete sentences and I'm like, "Whoops! Can't do this for LA!" Thank you soooo much for being my first follower! If you go to the side of blog and click "Be the First" under the Followers tab, you can officially be a follower! Yay!
ReplyDeletesweeettt!!!
ReplyDelete